February 14, 2011

Heartentines Day (OOTD, FOTD, NOTD aaaaaand baking)

I will up front say, I do NOT like Valentine's Day. I didn't like it when I was single and I have to say I don't like it much more now that I'm not. It just feels like such an awkward holiday. All the same, I go out now because it's what one does. I can pretend it's in memory of the St. Valentine's Day Massacre. Or something. We actually went out last night anyway (I worked all day today and just got home, too late to gussy up... which I originally wrote hussy up and almost left it, lol)

I'll start with the short one (and not just because I chopped them off again), nails. I was checking out the Justin Beiber nail polishes at Wal-Mart (shush you) and found this one called Chinchilly from Essie. I do love Chinchillas, so I needed it.




I guess next on to the outfit. I wore it out with the lace cardigan, but needed to show it without to get the full effect of the awesomeness. The dress is from Forever 21+ (though from long enough ago that it was still Faith 21 at the time) and the cardigan is from Target. 

My face reminds me of a fat Ashley Tisdale here. No? I think the Tiz is amazing, so it would be nice if it did!



I tried to keep accessories simple-ish. The necklace is something I've had since I was a kid, the black earrings are Lia Sophia and the "diamond" things are just from Wal-Mart (one of those packs of like 8 pairs)



Makeup... now makeup is always fun. I won't do a 100% breakdown for the sake of space, but the main thing I used was the Think Pink Palette from Coastal Scents. It was actually much better quality than I was expecting (ok so when I ordered it, I was a moron and thought it was a blush palette. who orders grey blush??) Please also enjoy my Hello Kitty bathrobe. It was too cold in the dress alone, so that was the best I could come up with.





Aaaaand finally the best part, FOOD! These are not-so-molten lava brownies with a mint-chocolate glaze and red candy stripes. I ate none of them. I don't like mint in things that are not toothpaste and gum.




Ok, so maybe that wasn't last. This picture is last. Because I like it. I'm allowed to think I look pretty darn good, even if not one person told me so while I was out. I told me so gosh darn it.








No comments:

Post a Comment