March 27, 2011

Mmmm Food

I'm happy to report that since my last post, one of my friends is back home. The other went though surgery OK and is saying the night as there were some other issues that doctors wanted to keep an eye on. I think both will be fine in the end which is a huge relief. Like I said, these guys were my bff's before the term bff existed. Our moms are bff's, too. They're more family than some of my family has been and I don't know what I would do without them (even though I don't get to see them that much)

Tonight I told Matt I was making dinner. He's so picky about my cooking, particularly about disliking fake meat (which is the basis of a lot of my cooking) I found some interesting looking recipes on raptortoe.com (I know, totally doesn't sound like a food blog but it is... and a good one!) and decided to give cooking another go (cooking for him I mean, I make stuff for myself all the time) I chose the sun-dried tomato pesto pasta and garlic cheese rolls. Of course I can't just follow a recipe, so the pesto became a sun-dried tomato and dried red pepper pesto with sauteed shrimp on top and the garlic rolls needed rosemary added for no particular reason. I think it pulled together pretty well and he offered to keep the leftovers, so that must be a good sign. Here are some delicious (and not so delicious) pictures of my dinner:

The garlic cheese rolls pre-cooking They were supposed the be rising, but I think they turned into blobs instead. They certainly didn't look any rise-ier.


Now the pesto, well it looked much better pre-pasta. It was also very tasty and spicy. I made lots because I wasn't positive how many people I was feeding (and of course leftovers are always good for a quick dinner after work)


See what I mean? Kind of gross looking. I'm not sure if this was supposed to have mixed in any nicer. I like to just pretend this was correct.


Mmmm shrimps. This was just to sauté, I didn't dump the butter and garlic into the pasta although that might have made the pesto mix nicer now that I think of it.


Aaaand the finished rolls. I guess they still kind of looked like blobs, but I thought they tasted pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment