May 25, 2011

Candy Yum Yum dupe? You tell me

Thanks to MAC only making 15 tubes of Candy Yum Yum lipstick for their recent-ish Quite Cute launch (I kid, they probably made a good 30), I of course missed out. Without getting into my frustration of perching at the computer every time there is a launch (we won't talk about how many all nighters I pulled to get 2 Pink Fridays...), I realized I needed this color in my life. Or at least something like it. Someone on Livejournal mentioned that Maybelline Fuchsia Fever looked like a good dupe. Do I know for sure? Of course not, I don't have one to compare it to *grumble grumble* BUT I know a few of you guys do (and who better to trust with an opinion than my favorite "strangers" from the internet!) What do you think?





I hate when lipstick does this between your lips, but didn't get very many good pictures otherwise.



Candy Yum Yum dupe or not, I do actually like this lipstick a lot. It applies smoothly and covers very opaquely. I can't attest to wear time because I honestly am yet to find ANY lip product that is my match. If I make it from home to work, it's a good day. I don't mind reapplying, though, so it's cool. My one gripe with this lipstick is that Maybelline doesn't seal their products and send along some testers, these just pop open and there the product is. I nabbed one from the middle of the display hoping most people don't reach there. It looked untested to me, but I still gave it a spritz of alcohol when I got home. I was never such a germaphobe until I met my boyfriend. Now I annoy even myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment