July 12, 2012

The Goodbye Post

Writing this is super hard because she's just sitting there watching me and it makes me feel like a jerk. This week, though, my family has decided we're going to let Angel go. Her cancer has progressed to the point that she is having some obvious discomfort while sleeping. As it's never going to get better, we want to let her last memories be fairly happy and not filled with agony. It's going to happen while I'm in Ohio. Just bad timing on the behalf of the universe. My mom says it will be better because I'll be distracted. Plus if I was here, she and I would just start bawling every time we see each other. I've known about this since last Thursday. I'm writing this Sunday night as an advance post which you guys should be seeing this coming Thursday (the 12th). I wanted it to post while I'm not around because I'll just make myself sad again (I will be sad anyway, but I'm trying to get it all out before the wedding) So this is my goodbye to Angel. At 15, you've been part of over half of my life. As with your brother, sister and mom before you, life will not be quite the same again without you here.




2 comments:

  1. Thank you <3 It was so totally weird coming home to nothing tonight. It's going to take some getting used to for sure.

    ReplyDelete