November 13, 2012

The Used (October 2012)

I seem to like posting these on the 13th of the following month. *sigh* F- for effort.


Aqua Net Professional Hair Spray Extra Super Hold: Yeah yeah my backwoods lunch lady is showing. This stuff is amazing, though. It holds, it smells good, it's not too expensive. I don't understand spending $20 a can on hair spray. It all explodes just the same if you try and set it on fire.

Caress Evenly Gorgeous Exfoliating Body Wash: Another one of my acquisitions from my summer traveling. This one took me a while to use just because I have so many different soaps/body washes/scrubs. It smells like I think I used to expect Fresh's Brown Sugar products to smell. I don't know how scrubby it is (I use a poof, so everything is scrubby), but I could feel the little micro-beads. Probably one of my favorite drugstore body washes I have come across.

LUSH Tea Tree Water Toner: My face had been breaking out a lot and I thought maybe this might help. I've used it before and thought it was ok. Still think it's ok. No miracles happened, but it helped remove excess cleanser and dirt. Not my favorite thing from LUSH, but perhaps those with truly oily skin will like it. 

LUSH It's Raining Men Shower Gel: First thing's first, I just opened this to re-sniff it and realized I hadn't fully emptied the rinsing water out before capping it back up and throwing it in a bag for over a month now. Stagnant water smell is gross. Fear not, though, this smells awesome when in its glory. It's a mix of honey and caramel and a little bit of floral. If you have ever tried the Honey I Washed the Kids soap and wished it came in a wash, this is it but better. 

Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner: A freebie with an online order I'd placed late September. It was toner. Not bad toner, not anything super special. Probably won't buy a full size of this one.

Mario Badescu Seaweed Cleansing Soap: Another freebie. This one I did not like at all. I don't feel like it lathered nice on my face and it smelled too seaweed-y. I can't really fault it for smelling like what it's called, but seriously gross. 

Bath & Body Works Zombie Tonic Pocket Bac: I have about 14 bajillion of these little hand sanitizers floating around in an array of scents. With Matt being a germaphobe and me being a yummy-smell-a-holic, they are a staple. At $1.50/ea, also not a bank breaker. This one smelled like marshmallow. I don't know why zombies smell like marshmallow, but I'm all about it.

Shiseido Benefiance Concentrated Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream: Does not actually possessing eye wrinkles make it wrong to even have an opinion on this stuff? I really don't do the whole eye cream thing, but this was another freebie (not from Mario Badescu obviously, I think this one came from Sephora) I found it thick, greasy and uncomfortable. It never really wanted to sink in. I decided to use it up by smearing it all over my face and calling it a heavy moisturizer. Meh. 



I leave you with an old picture of when I decided to try the Ciate Caviar Manicure. My mini-review is that while this stuff looks cool, it is not practical. It lasts like an hour and falls off everywhere. You can't use a top coat. It's expensive. But in the end it makes you look like you have tiny cupcakes for fingertips and I just can't hate it totally.


No comments:

Post a Comment