February 20, 2013

The Used (January 2013)

I wanted to start this post by sharing something that I found on one of my favorite "fatshion" blogs, Thick Threads! She shared a personal time of her own when she was made to feel inferior because of her weight and how it inspired her to be stronger today. She also shared a link to Haley Morris-Cafiero's photo project. Please take a look if you have time.

And now for your regularly scheduled post. Did pretty good for January I think. February is shaping up to have a decent amount of products as well.


Aqua Net Professional Hair Spray Extra Super Hold: Been there. Done that. Still love.

Salon Grafix Spray Powder Shampoo (For Brunette Shades): Technically I am not brunette. Technically this didn't match my hair color. Technically it was very obvious that this didn't match my hair color. I will not be buying this again. That said, I would totally recommend it for those of you who ARE brunette. I used it on my bangs which seem to get more oily than the rest of my hair. It was awesome at absorbing any ickiness. The color coverage was also great, it would be perfect between dye jobs to cover roots if that's something of concern to you.

Aussie Catch The Wave Mousse + Leave-In Conditioner: I remember my mom had an Aussie conditioner when I was a kid and I used to love using it (even though I wasn't supposed to.) It was one of those ones with dye in it for color enhancing. It was probably for brunettes... I digress. I got this mousse because it made me think of growing up. Unfortunately this didn't quite live up to the memories. I didn't find the mousse gave much shape to my waves, perhaps the leave-in conditioner provided too much weight.

Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment: This was 50% of the Sephora 2012 free birthday gift, the other item being the original formula Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment. For those not familiar, when you join their VIB program, one of the perks is a gift on your birthday. It's the same gift for everyone. I actually think the 2013 gift also involves these lip treatments. I kind of hope not, at least not this particular one. First off, the consistency of this was melty and mushy. I admit it could have been a fluke that it was melty when I opened it, but I just didn't find anything to redeem it from there. It didn't make my lips feel any better. It didn't give me a rosy tint. It was just... boring.

Essence Multi Action False Lashes Mascara: This one isn't actually used, it's a throw-out. I opened it and went to put it on and it was totally dried out. I was super bummed because I loved the last Essence mascara I used. The problem with everything from this brand is that nothing is sealed. That is just inviting people to stick their fingers in things and boy do they. You can tell from the finger prints in the gel eye liners, the broken bullets on the lipsticks and, apparent to me now, the dried out mascaras. Guess I'll have to steer clear of Essence until they start sealing their stuff.

L'Oreal Voluminous False Lashes Mascara: Good formula, decent results, terrible brush. The bristles are kind of hard and hurt my delicate lash/lid connection area... thing. I don't even know what to call what it was hurting, but it was not pleasant. If they got a different brush, I would definitely try this one again. I think it would probably work for those who don't have angry eyelashes.

Burt's Bees Rosewater Toner: Saved the best for last. And you thought it was just going to be a bunch of ranting. This toner was amazing. It smelled great, it got the last of the dirt/cleanser off my skin, it moisturized, it prepped my skin for lotion, it smelled great. I know I said it smelled great twice, I loved it that much. I don't know why all of a sudden I really like the smell of rose. I used to hate all florals. I think I've become an old woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment