March 4, 2013

The Tale Of Glinda

Glinda may not be such a good witch, breaking Jason Segel's heart like she did, but she IS a good eyeshadow palette. Ever since my bff Kristen showed me hers, I was obsessed and needed it. I happened to stop in Sephora a couple of weekends ago and it was there and it became mine. Sort of.

For those who haven't seen it, The Glinda Palette is by Urban Decay and you can see it on the Sephora website. It comes with 6 shadows (they try to call it 8 but their 1/2 shadow nonsense isn't fooling me) and 1 lip color. The case is reusable so you can pop any UD singles into it to create your own travel palette once this one is gone. Cool, right? Except mine looked like this:





4 shadows and two... things. I was super sad. I took the palette back to Sephora, but they didn't have any more to sell me. Instead they gave me a credit to use to order it online. Only the credit didn't work online, they can only be used in stores. Luckily the manager understood where I was going with all this and offered to order one in for me.  Finally this past Friday it arrived and was not defective and I love it. So of course I had to play with it.






This adorable bow was a gift from Laura @ The Shop of Worldly Delights


(blush is MAC Veronica's Blush Pearlmatte)

Overall I am really happy with this purchase and though I was ready to write Sephora off after the gift card that wouldn't work online thing, they came back and restored my faith when they ordered the palette in for me. Special thanks to Matt and Kristen (he for telling me not to scream my head off at them and she for letting me vent about the issue) for your help in making this happen. Now off to eat Girl Scout cookie and watch RuPaul's Drag Race.

No comments:

Post a Comment