March 10, 2013

The Used (February 2013)

I almost forgot to watch this week's Willam's Beatdown (nsfw for anyone who still isn't familiar). I swear I don't get paid to advertise. I should. SUBSCRIBE... god dammit. Anyway it has Lauren aka Queen of Blending on this one and she's adorable.






Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy Volumizing Root Boost Nourishing Daily Conditioner: I decided to change it up from the Strong Lengths one. I don't think it did anything different. My roots are not boosted. I don't think I like the word root. It reminds me of dirty vegetables.

Bath & Body Works P.S. I Love You Triple Moisture Shower Cream: This was actually my brother's, he left it behind when he moved out. I avoided it at first for fear it would smell like Hilary Swank and Gerard Butler. I ran out of shaving cream one day, though, and figured something that touted triple moisture might be a good substitute. It was, though I still don't know what it smells like. Maybe roses. All the ingredients are chemicals and I am not familiar with the scent of Tocopheryl Acetate and Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium.

Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy Strong Lengths Nourishing Shampoo: Still good. I also finished one of these back in November. It was shampoo-like.

Benefit BAD Gal Lash Mascara: This was one of the mascaras I actually blogged about back in my Mascara Chronicles days. It seems like every time I get rid of a trial size of this stuff, I somehow get another. Sephora loved to put them in their mascara sampler kits. This time around I didn't hate it quite as much as previously. The formula was slightly less dry and I appreciate the brush more since it was soft and didn't attack my eyelid skin like so many others I have been trying lately. Still wouldn't buy a full size, though. It flaked off like before and wasn't dramatic-looking enough for my taste.

Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner (Indigo): I loved the color of this liner, it was very true to the color of the packaging. Unfortunately that was about it for me. The liner tip was flimsy and didn't really work well for me when I wanted to wing my liner out. It also seems to have dried out very quickly. For $20 a pop, I was bummed that this didn't last anywhere near as long as my go-to black L'Oreal liner.

Studio 35 Beauty Dry Skin Cream: I think Studio 35 might be Walgreens-brand skincare items? I'm not sure. I actually bought this back when I had the terrible Yes To Cucumbers Moisturizer that I posted about in November. I needed something to smooth out the lumpy gross-ness and this was cheap. Turned out it wasn't a terrible moisturizer on its own and it lasted a long time. Not my favorite, but definitely something I will keep in mind if I find myself poor and under-moisturized at the same time.

Solstice Scents Sugared Amber Whipped Cleansing Scrub (Tropical Moon): I shouldn't have left this one for last because it's another one I already reviewed previously which makes it kind of boring. It was scrubby, it smelled like tropical. Heavy on the smoky coconut scent. Yeah, I need to think the order over better when I photograph in the future. End with something that I have more to say about. Though props to me, I have dragged this paragraph out pretty well for something I had nothing to say about.

There has been lots of exciting news for my friends and family lately. My childhood friend Jessica had her baby (he was a month early, but weighed like a billion pounds so I think he was just trying to be born before his 3rd birthday) Today is another childhood friend's birthday (which means it is also my 1/2 birthday) It is ALSO my brother and his boyfriend's 1st anniversary today, so Happy Anniversary Sean and Jacob!



No comments:

Post a Comment