January 3, 2014

Ipsy (December 2013)

Ipsy said goodbye to 2013 with a bag themed Celebration! Items meant to party it up into 2014 or, in my case, play Apples to Apples with my family and theorize about what I would do if I knew someone named Bill Sauerkraut.





Contents:

- Black Front-Zip Textured Makeup Bag
- NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Muse
- POP Beauty Bright Up Your Life Eyeshadow Trio in Smokin Hot
- Starrily Nail Polish in Bzzz Bzzz
- Andrea Strip Lash #33
- Be a Bombshell The One Stick in Flustered



Left - Right
Be a Bombshell "Flustered" - NYX "Muse" - POP Smokin Hot Trio


I admit to not even trying:

- Andrea Strip Lash #33: I just have so many lashes and while I don't dislike falsies, I don't wear them all the time. I have tried the brand before and it was decent enough. As long as they don't fall apart like the last time Ipsy sent me lashes then I think we will be ok.

I was OK with:

- NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Muse: It's better than other NYX lipsticks I have tried which all have had a weird gritty texture to them. This one was smooth. The color was a little frosty, but I was born in the 80's so

- Be a Bombshell The One Stick in Flustered: Obviously a Be a Bombshell version of the NARS Multiple. Which I don't have. Because I don't really like things that try to be other things. I don't like to use my computer to watch movies, I don't like to browse the internet on my phone and I don't like to wear my blush as a lipstick. That's not to say I -won't- but I don't necessarily seek out multi-duty items. I also am not the hugest fan of cream blushes anyway because I think they look wonky on me. Here is me trying this item on my cheeks and lips at the same time:




- Starrily Nail Polish in Bzzz Bzzz: I haven't tested this polish for wear, but pretty much everything chips on me within about 48 hours so I'm guessing it will be ok. It wasn't overly thin or goopy, though, and I like the shapes of the glitter. It's obviously modeled to be bumblebee colored, so I'm not sure how that ties into New Year's.


I liked:

- POP Beauty Bright Up Your Life Eyeshadow Trio in Smokin Hot: I don't do a smoky eye often and while I had the colors to do so already, this puts them all in one place for me. I have actually thrown this on a few times before work because all the colors have good payoff and I can apply them super quick with a little mascara. Kind of like this (also wearing NYX Muse, frostalicious!):





I loved:

- Black Front-Zip Textured Makeup Bag: I totally don't think this is the item you're supposed to love, it's supposed to be a gimme. It's all classy and awesome, though. 


If you were thinking of trying Ipsy and wanted to give me points towards getting something like a mini Benefit Bad Gal Mascara (which for those who remember is probably one of my most hated mascaras and I would only need about 60 referrals to get it! haha) here is my referral link: http://www.ipsy.com/?refer=u-hc98fb9wy2n41i1j. But really, it's all about the monthly awesomeness. Even when I don't love an item, I still have not fallen out of love with the adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment