January 22, 2014

Sensible Makeup for a Dr.'s Appt

Had the day off from work today just because. I had PTO days to use before I hit my 10 year anniversary at work and I just picked some random days that I had nothing planned. Then I scheduled a  dr.'s  appointment today to make it feel like less of a waste. Nothing crazy, just a normal checkup (which went fine conversely to what people assume when you're fat and they think you're going to come out of every appointment with a death date in hand) Anyway I thought I would do my makeup all fancy to see if that made any difference in how nice everyone treated me. Sometimes when I go from work to an appointment and I'm dressed down and have barely a sweep of mascara on, I feel like they treat me a little more like an "undesirable" person. Anyone else ever feel like that?













I also tested some faces I could use in reaction to anything the dr. might have to tell me:



(also wtf lighting?)


(also wtf off-color teeth?) 

Ended up sticking with this one:






 Face

  • Dr Dennis Gross CC Cream in Light to Medium 
  • Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation in #31
  • Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light
  • Sigma Creme De Couture Blush in Blackberry Essence
  • Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Platinum Pink 
  •  
Eyes

  • Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden
  • Sugarpill Eye Shadow in @#$%! (lid)
  • Make Up For Ever Eye Shadow in #92 (purple) (crease)
  • Sugarpill Eye Shadow in Dollipop (crease)
  • Urban Decay Eye Shadow in Polyester Bride (highlight)
  • L'Oreal Lineur Intense in Black Mica (upper lash line)
  • Sephora Flashy Liner Waterproof Eye Liner in Black (lower waterline)
  • Sephora 12H Jumbo Eye Liner in Lilac Shimmer (lower liner)
  • Tarte multiplEYE Lash Primer
  • Clinique High Impact Mascara 
  • Sugarpill Chromalust Eye Shadow in Asylum applied with Illamasqua Sealing Gel (brows)
Lips
  • Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm in Natural Mint (sometimes just called "Original")


No comments:

Post a Comment